Amazing road tripping (snackwrap style) with Jennybird, being at Chrees' gorgeous apartment (that anthropology would be envious of), seeing the boy artstars of Alfred living in poverty...but living in style and getting into hummus fights, delicious burritos bigger than my head, antique shopping, coma-like sleep due to carbon monoxide, birthday m&m pancakes...just to name a few. Heeellz YA!! (good LORD!) ;-)
oh, and then I found 10 dollas. (I'm actually not kidding...and so glad I can say that)
I was in a 3 hour lecture-type class about the different types of weaves in textiles...there are a lot of interesting characters in the class, examples being this french lady and this REALLY old man. Anyway, old man asks a question about this dry dry subject and all of a sudden his cell phone starts going off...and his ring tone was that song "Superfreak"! He runs out of the room as his cell phone sings "she's a very kinky girl..." and I lost it. I'm so glad that happened.
1.Who was your first prom date? Some dude that I don't remember...I swear, I really don't remember.
2.Who was your first roommate? CHREEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!! :-)
3. What was your first alcoholic drink? If this is before being 21, beer. 21st B-day-I think a long island.
4. What was your first job? Babysitting.
5. What was your first car? a red volvo station wagon.
8. Who was your first grade teacher? I was actually in 1st grade twice...no joke. It wasn't because I was held back though, i swear...I just had two 1st grade experiences and no kindergarten. I have no idea who my teachers were though...it could have been the same lady for all I know!
9. Where did you go on your first ride on an airplane? I think California when I was 2.
10. When you snuck out of your house for the first time, who was it with? Debbie...and it was in a blizzard.
11. Who was your first best friend and are you still friends with them? A girl named Rosa. Nope.
12. Where was your first sleep over? I think at this girl Megan's house, during elementary school.
13. Who is the first person you talk to in the morning? Whoever I see first.
14. Whose wedding were you in the first time? My Grandparent's renewal of vows wedding...I was the flower girl and forgot to throw the petals.
15. What is the first thing you do in the morning? Look at my watch to see if I really need to leave the bed yet.
16. What was the first concert you ever went to? Technically, Salt n Pepa at Wrestlemania when I was in 5th grade.
17. First tattoo or piercing? Ears pierced in 1989.
18. First celebrity crush? David Duchovny.
19. First crush? This kid named Jeremy in Elementary school. He taught me how to draw Ninja Turtles.
20. First TRUE love? true love....no one as of yet.
21. When was your first detention? 2nd grade...I was the queen of having detentions.
23. First Kiss? This kid named Brandon...
24. Who was the first person to break your heart? I've never had my heart broken...i think?
1. We all do many things as we drive...talk on the cell, play with the radio, adjust the heat, etc. If you see a chair in the middle of the highway, you should probably change lanes. If you didn't realize there was a chair on the highway until you hit it, you probably are doing too many things while driving.
2. If your car doesn't have anti-lock breaks, avoid driving down a hill in a snow storm.
3. It isn't recommended to live in your parent's house for over the 2 month period. Otherwise, what you gain in finance won't make up for the grief, anger, frustration, etc. you will be subjected to. You will also have lots of conversations such as the following:
Dad: I'm gonna start charging you room and board. me: What? Then i'll move out... Dad: Ok, I won't charge for your room, but you are paying board... me: Then I won't eat anything, or use anything for that matter. Dad: Ok, I won't charge you, but you need to get a teaching job. me: (for the millionth time) I would rather be a garbage man...or girl.
4. Don't drop your laptop on a hardwood floor.
5. Not backing up the stuff on your computer can end up costing you your soul. Back your programs, files, music, whatever on disks and external hard drives. We all think this will never happen to us...(or at least I thought this) and I had to learn this lesson the HARD way...
6. Working out is great, but use caution. If you ever pull/strain a muscle in your chest, it hurts like a mofo for about 24 hours. It feels like what one would imagine a heart attack to feel like...for the 24 hours.
7. If you're at the local bar, and the local hippie is playing guitar while begging you to get up and dance, you should probably just get up and dance...even if you feel foolish.
+ We got our drawings (from last week) back in class last night- everyone got red marks and notes about what they did wrong, and i just got a message about how neat and nice my work was...BOO-yeah.
--- I had a car "incident" today...I hit a chair that was on the highway (it is really FN cold and windy today and I think it might have been from someone's backyard, who knows) so I now have a crack in my front bumper...that will cost me at least $250 to fix...so it's probably not getting fixed...but it sucks.
+ I ran a mile and a half today (after the incident) which was 15 solid minutes of running, hooray!!! I'm hoping it will be 2 miles by the end of this month...and I will look more in shape. I'm thinking of going to the boot camp class on Thurs morn...
- I got sort of layed off from my non-paying job...which is so lame, even for me!!! Oh well. I'm still working for the Y on the weekends so at least I can pay for astronomically expensive gas for my car.
+/- I'm on the job search once again, and am extremely tempted to lead adventure trips at the Y over the summer...it would be amazing, I love the people that I would end up leading them with, I would be going to Cape Cod and California, and I know that it would be great fun. If I do it though, I will need to wait to get a full-time/permanent job, and career-wise won't be doing myself any favors. Also, if I wanted to take classes over the summer, it would be impossible. Ah...I need advice.
+++++ I saw my old boss (from NC) over the weekend and she kept telling me how smart I am and how it's great that i'm taking classes...she sounded genuinely proud...that made me feel so awesome!! :-) Dave also made me feel amazing with all of his compliments the other day, and I thank everyone for their words of encouragement!!!
1. has cable. 2. doesn't have plans on Sat. night. at 8 or has tivo. 3. cares.
This kid Josh, who I have known for a long time (I used to babysit for him and his sisters) got a wish from the "make a wish" foundation (he has had 2 heart transplants in his life...) and he wished to be a character in a Disney cartoon (he is OBSESSED with Disney- Mickey Mouse specifically, and for those of you who remember THIS instance...from when he went searching for Mickey at Epcot and found him at the Visa location (wink!), here he is...)
Well, this Saturday, at 8 pm will be the debut of his character on Kim Possible...i saw a picture and basically it is him in cartoon form, sooooo cute. His name is Josh on the show (just like in life...just to make THAT clear, haha) and he is the voice of the character too. Anyway, I don't expect you to cancel that hot date you've got for Sat. night to see a kid you don't even know as a character in a cartoon, but if you happen to find yourself near a tv at that time and want to see something awesome, then sweet. Sadly, i'm gonna be working this weekend and will miss it, but hopefully my family will tape it. His family is incredible though and i'm so happy for him!!! HOORAY!!! :-)
The only news stories that are being reported on every tv news station at all times (for literally the past 2 weeks...no exaggeration) are:
1. Anna Nicole's death and every piece of the drama that goes along with that.
2. Britney Spears shaved her head and is looking for more drama to go along with that.
Forget the fact that half of winter this year was spent in 40-60 degree weather and should have been in the 30's and under...it's not important that the eco-system is doomed...
Maybe that is why my mom doesn't know what global warming is and didn't believe my reasoning for why it's really bad that the temperature is going up a half degree every 10 years...she watches the damn news.
If giving two shits about the environment makes me a tree-hugging hippie to the rest of America, then fine...i'm a hippie...so lets do something about it, like educate people about it.
So, the other day I went to do some online banking (b/c I only bank online...) and my bank has apparently heightened their security system. They gave me a list of questions to answer (and my problem with this is that some were subjective...so I answered with what I thought at that very moment) and I went through it quickly b/c I really didn't feel like doing it. So yesterday I went on the site so I could see how much $ I have (or haven't got) and the security question that pops up after log in is, "what is your favorite musician/group?" Now, I know for some people this may be an easy one to get through, but I honestly have no idea what I wrote the other day. I tried all of my favorites, and none were correct...and at this point they have locked my account b/c they think i'm an online burgler!!! I just can't believe how lame this security system is...maybe if they stuck to the questions like "What was your mom's maiden name?" then the idea would have been good. So unfortunatly due to this craziness, i'm gonna need to change my bank. I know that I could call them and go through a procedure to get it unlocked, but it was a list of like 15 questions, and they switch up the questions as soon as you get one correct. UGH...how annoying. I was laughing at one of my friends the other day b/c he doesn't have a bank account, he just literally keeps his $ in a jar in his house...and maybe that's what I should be doing, hahah. I just think the whole idea had good intentions, but it doesn't work for me...I need simplicity, damnit!!!
For all of those on myspace, I've switched things up! I added some images and stuff, but more importantly...I made the coolest little jutebox thing!!! I'm so excited about it, and since I spent like 4 hours searching for some of my all-time favorite songs, which include some real beauties from the past (anyone remember skee-lo? haha) I made it on www.projectplaylist.com and recommend it!
I also have been looking into signing up for a capoeira class...and there happens to be one offered nearby (in B-Po) so once I have time (or the roads become drivable) i'm gonna search for it. I also really need to sign up for every type of doctor appointment known to man b/c it has been waaaaay too long. I'm really scared about turning 24 for many reasons...only 1 more year of insurance (which I really should take advantage of), I will officially be in my "mid-twenties" which scares the shit outta me, and I think my body is getting old...for example, I think i'm going far-sided...these little drafts that i'm drawing for my interior design class are driving my eyes nuts!! At least I don't look really old...and I can only say this b/c I still am CONSTANTLY being asked if i'm over 18, hahahaha!
Screw all those people that are married, have kids, and/or have a good steady job at this age!!!!!!!